Welcome to the International Center for Integrated Water Resources Management
- ICIWaRM-Supported Precipitation Estimation Tool Taught at ASEAN-UNESCO Workshop for Disaster Risk Reduction in SE Asia (4 October 2015)
- ICIWaRM and province of Udon Thani Thailand hold Inter-Municipal Flood Risk Reduction Strategy Dialogue (25 September 2015)
- New brochures available for ICIWaRM/G-WADI sponsored ‘Latin American Flood and Drought Monitor’ and ‘Latin American and Caribbean Drought Atlas’ (1 September 2015)
- ICIWaRM Director Attends Governing Board Meeting and Water Symposium Hosted by the International Center for Water Resources and Global Change (1 August 2015)
- US Mission to UNESCO Sponsors Visit to US by Water Professionals from Eastern Europe and Central Asia (July 1 2015)
- Other Recent News and Events
The International Center for Integrated Water Resources Management (ICIWaRM) is a UNESCO Category 2 water centre headquartered at the U.S. Army Engineer Institute for Water Resources (IWR) in Alexandria, Virginia, USA. “Category 2″ centers are provided for and funded by the host nation, but are under the auspices of UNESCO. ICIWaRM was officially created by an agreement between the U.S. Government and UNESCO in October 2009.
ICIWaRM is a consortium of U.S. Government agencies, university departments, and non-governmental organizations committed to working together in support of the strategic program objectives of UNESCO’s International Hydrological Programme (IHP). ICIWaRM works closely with the U.S. National Commission for UNESCO, the U.S. National Committee for the IHP, and category 2 centres in other nations around the world.
The overall mission of ICIWaRM is the advancement of the science and practice of integrated water resources management (IWRM) to address water security and other water-related challenges by regional and global action, through new knowledge, innovative technologies, collaborative interdisciplinary scientific research, networking, training and capacity development. It focuses on readily transferable, practical science and technology.