Welcome to the International Center for Integrated Water Resources Management
- ICIWaRM continues work with OSCE and UNECE on Transboundary Dniester River Basin (10 June 2015)
- ICIWaRM Economist and Engineer help International Sediment Initiative with Strategic Planning (1 June 2015)
- ICIWaRM provides Scenario and Shared Vision Planning Support in Dominican Republic (1 May 2015)
- ICIWaRM organizes Mongolia Groundwater Modeling Workshop (5 April 2015)
- Other Recent News and Events
The International Center for Integrated Water Resources Management (ICIWaRM) is a UNESCO Category 2 water centre headquartered at the U.S. Army Engineer Institute for Water Resources (IWR) in Alexandria, Virginia, USA. “Category 2″ centers are provided for and funded by the host nation, but are under the auspices of UNESCO. ICIWaRM was officially created by an agreement between the U.S. Government and UNESCO in October 2009.
ICIWaRM is a consortium of U.S. Government agencies, university departments, and non-governmental organizations committed to working together in support of the strategic program objectives of UNESCO’s International Hydrological Programme (IHP). ICIWaRM works closely with the U.S. National Commission for UNESCO, the U.S. National Committee for the IHP, and category 2 centres in other nations around the world.
The overall mission of ICIWaRM is the advancement of the science and practice of integrated water resources management (IWRM) to address water security and other water-related challenges by regional and global action, through new knowledge, innovative technologies, collaborative interdisciplinary scientific research, networking, training and capacity development. It focuses on readily transferable, practical science and technology.